Citrus Honey Butter

Honey butter is one of my favorite things to make--mostly because it's super easy, but it's also very tasty! With our new love for chicken and waffles, honey butter is the perfect topping to have on-hand. And after a fun night out at Dame's Chicken and Waffles in downtown Greensboro, we were spoiled by all of their delicious "shmears". I knew I had to step my at-home game up, and adding fresh citrus to the honey butter recipe was my first move.

Ingredients:

  • 2 sticks of room temperature salted sweet cream butter
  • ¼ cup honey (we love Savannah Bee Orange Blossom Honey)
  • ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
  • 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
Directions:
  1. With the butter at room temperature, add to it the honey, vanilla extract, and orange juice in a mixing bowl.
  2. Whip using an electric mixer until smooth, then add in the grated orange peel and whip again just until mixed.
  3. Serve at room temperature for best spreading!*
*Be sure to store in the refrigerator after use

I can't wait to try out new and different ingredients to sweeten up our spreads at home!

XOXO,
R

Comments