Bahamian Honeymoon

After an incredible wedding celebration, the Mr. and I headed off to a weeklong honeymoon on Great Exuma Island in the Bahamas! From the first few minutes in the air through our last taxi ride back to the airport we had an amazing experience. Literally everywhere we turned there was luxurious beauty--the gardens and blooms, the clear, blue ocean, and even the tasty cocktails! I didn't take nearly as many photos as I had planned--I was too busy just spending time with my hubby and relaxing after a long year planning our wedding!
 Darling secret: This was my first time on a plane, and I totally loved it! I now shamelessly claim to be a pro flyer haha!
 First glimpse of some incredible tropical islands!
 Our first celebratory drinks!
 Some major cheesing on our balcony--my Mr. has become quite attached to his new straw hat.
 Oceanfront is a must!

 We did a bit of exploring along the beach and came across loads of snails!
 
We woke up early to get spots under the tiki huts--they were perfect for needed shade in the Southern Hemisphere sun and some cover during afternoon storms.
 The airlines were a bit rough with our luggage. Busted suitcase straps and even a broken toothbrush!
 I stuck a shell in my bag to bring home (very likely that it was illegal), but later it tried to escape! It turns out that it was a little snail!
 An ice cream selfie before breakfast!
 A breezy early afternoon at the pool--with tables in the water and a swim-up bar!
It was wonderful to spend so much time taking it easy--I read through 4 books (with a mojito in hand, of course!).
 The view from our boat as we headed out to snorkel! And oh my--snorkeling is much more difficult than one would think!
 This gifted monogram cover-up was one of my favorite honeymoon essentials!
 A little peak at some of the gardens at the resort
 The chic, white oversized chairs were just calling my name!
A little Mr. and Mrs. selfie before a fancy Parisian dinner!
Seriously had the best dinner date at La Parisienne!
 
 The kitty cats were all over the island and were as sweet as can be--but I made a bestie on the very last day! We cuddled all afternoon under a pavilion by the pool!
 At our resort coffee spot--they had pastries, cookies, ice cream, and delicious lattes!
Leaving Great Exuma held mixed emotions for me. I was sad to leave such a gorgeous island and break from reality, but I was excited to come back home to our friends and family--and McDonald's!

XOXO,
R

Comments

  1. What a great place to honeymoon.

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, what resort did you stay at in Great Exuma??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment